Hoping that everyday we are able to make our hearts more like David and less like Saul.

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Great gatsby, it's the internet!

One of the things I love about the internet is its ability to save information for what seems like forever.  Go ahead, look at the dates of my other posts.  For over four years everything I have written in the past has been saved by Google.  My fears of the internet age - the age without letters and where everything is done on computers - were that we would lose valuable data and keepsakes that were a part of past generations.  Perhaps that concern was short sighted.

Sadly, four years have passed and there is still a constant struggle with God.  I have lived long enough to survive the devastation of a broken heart, failed miserably in ministry and business, been humbled and weakened, seen my faith saved by twins who will never know how God used them - and yet I find my heart is still more closely related to the heart of Saul than it is David.

Like millions who have come before me I am quick to stop praising God for his greatness and begin to ask, "What have you done for me lately?".  My success is a result of my greatness, but my failure is from God.

Who knows how long I will continue to update this blog this time around - but I hope it is a consistent outpouring of my heart as I try to seek God's face.  Following a blog like this is kind of a weird thing.  You might run into the occasional TMI, and perhaps some posts will reference the word "I" too frequently - but my hope is that writing out my struggles will help me learn how to love God the way David did.  Maybe it will inspire you some too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home